Construction around RAMC
Changing roads and adding parking lots
- Construction has been going on behind the hospital as well as on 19th Street between Hwy H and N Dewey Avenue.
- Behind the hospital, along Ridgeview Drive, RAMC is adding approximately 200 parking spots. We currently have a shortage.
- The currrent location of Ridgeview Drive has been moved just to the north and east to accomodate the new parking.
- One of the new parking lots behind RAMC will also feature a technology upgrade with five charging stations for those with electronic cars, something that does not currently exist.
- Storm sewer and water works were replaced along 19th Street coming up to the buildings.
- Signifcant straightening of the road took place on the corner of 19th Street and the current Ridgeview Drive. The once very sharp corner, which is a main roadway between Hwy H and Hwy K, is now much safer for the community.
In addition, boilers and chillers are being installed before the end of 2017, with the hopes of completion by April, 2018. This is the first phase of the RAMC renovation, which may not be entirely completed until the middle of 2019 or later.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this exciting time as RAMC grows.
Watch the Progress
October 1, 2017 The 19th St construction is finished and you can really see a road taking shape, connecting the ER and 19th St.
September 12, 2017 - You can now see how the intersection of Ridgeview Drive and 19th Street, top center of photo, will be a safer turn.