Youth Summer Conditioning Program
This summer training program is for all kids 4th—8th grade. Instructors are licensed RAMC
physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, athletic trainer, and certified strength & conditioning specialist. We will perform speed, agility and plyometric drills; teach proper jumping and landing techniques; condition the athletes for fall sports; build upper and lower extremity strength; and prevent injuries that may occur in sporting events. We will teach you how to train smarter, and avoid injuries.
Download the Registration Brochure
Participation consent form is due by Friday, June 9, 2017.
- Enhance the athlete’s overall sports performance
- Promote proper off-season training in athletes
- Prevent injuries that may occur in sporting events
- Teach proper jumping and landing techniques
- Decrease knee landing forces
- Improve knee control with jumping and landing
- Perform speed, agility and plyometric drills
- Condition the athletes for fall sports
Injuries can be prevented with proper training. Injuries occur because the athlete does not have the coordination, muscle strength, or balance to react immediately to situations. 1.35 million youths each year have a serious sports injury. According to the CDC, one-half of all youth sports injuries are preventable by proper training.
Dates: Every Tuesday
June 13—June 27th &
July 11th—July 25th
Time: 10:30 am—11:30 am
Place: Webb Middle School Gym or school grounds (We will be outside weather permitting)
Who: Open to kids going into 4th—8th grades