In-Person Childbirth Preparation Classes at RAMC
Prepare for your personal childbirth journey with us. Learn relaxation, the benefits of breathing patterns, pain-coping practices, how dad/partners can help, options for medications, basic car seat safety and decision-making skills for a fulfilling, confident birth experience and also techniques to soothe fussy babies, help them sleep longer, and care for your newborn.
2017 Childbirth Education Class Dates
Saturday Childbirth Classes
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• November 4
The Saturday class is $30.
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• November 8
Basics of Breastfeeding covering confident start, latching, breast pumps and pumping, tips for success and more.
This class is included in the In-Person Childbirth Prep Class, or may be taken on it's own for $10.
Call the Birth Center for class dates, more information and to register. (608) 768-6251
Our online childbirth class is ideal for those expectant parents who can’t attend an on-site childbirth class due to work schedules, time constraints, or medical conditions.
The eight-chapter program is an interactive, web-based class that uses videos, personal birth stories, animations, activities, and games to teach all the essential information parents need to know to prepare for their birth.
Our online childbirth class will help you:
- Understand pregnancy – what’s happening to your body, discomforts, warning signs, nutrition, exercise, and more
- Learn about labor – preparing for birth, pre-labor signs, onset of labor, 3D animation of labor process, and more
- See how the stages of labor unfold – watch amazing real-life birth stories
- Discover helpful comfort techniques – breathing, relaxation, massage, visualization, focal points, hydrotherapy, labor and pushing positions, advice for partners , and more
Class Fee: $25
Your eClass registration includes:
- Online access for 150 days
- Optional on-site education class
- A tour of our birth center