Step 3 — Arriving at Your Destination
Our qualified, skilled and experienced nurses strive to provide high quality, safe and satisfying care for women by respecting choices and honoring family and cultural needs through a full range of safe options for birth.
We strongly encourage you to be an active participant in the planning of your baby’s birth. Knowledgeable nurses can be reached at any time to answer questions or concerns you may have. We are here for you, day and night, both in pregnancy and once you are home with your new baby.
Why choose RAMC?
Private Birthing Suites — beautiful, homelike, private suites where you will stay during labor, birth and postpartum. These family-centered suites were designed with you in mind; allowing for a private birth experience with enough room for your family or support group to share in all phases of your baby’s birth.
Experienced nurses — our Birth Center is staffed by Registered Nurses with over 200 combined years of experience. All of our nurses are certified in basic life support, advanced life support in obstetrics, neonatal resuscitation, stabilization care of sick infants and advanced monitoring. We also have nurses who are certified car seat technicians and will guide your family through all stages of child passenger safety.
Individualized care — having a baby is a very personal experience. The Birth Center encourages this individuality by offering a variety of birthing options:
- Private postpartum rooms — after the birth of your baby you have the option to move into a cozy postpartum room with a queen sized bed to begin your family’s bonding.
- Water Births
- Certified Nurse-Midwives and Family Physicians
- Pain relief options tailored to your needs
- One-on-one breastfeeding help
- Our Birth Center patients rank us at 95% for overall rating of care and likelihood of recommending
- Nurse Navigator program - Journey to Parenthood
Doula support — All of our Birth Center nurses have been trained to give doula support—physical, emotional and informational support to women and their partners during labor and birth.
We pamper our moms with little extras including:
- Massages from one of our certified massage therapists (when requested and when available)
- Ready When You Are Dining
- Special Celebration Meal
- Complimentary newborn photos saved to a jump drive for you
- Swaddle sleep sack
- Gift pack from Nuk