Step 4 — Learning a New Course
Step 4 is a follow-up appointment with you and your baby after you leave the hospital. This appointment will include:
- Follow-up visit with Lactation Specialist (IBCLC or RN)
- Addressing any health concerns you have about post-delivery and newborn phase
- Weight check for baby
- Feeding assistance for formula feeding mothers and infants
- Breastfeeding assistance with latching, feeding, and/or pumping, and smoothing out any "roadbumps".
- More information on Breastpump & Lactation Services & Coverage with the Affordable Care Act
RAMC also offers our new moms the option of buying a Medela® breast pump in our gift shop-A Dream Come True or renting one from the Birth Center. Medela® supplies including Lanolin nipple cream, nipple shields, bottles and more are available for purchase during the business hours of Monday-Friday from 9:30 am - 4:30 pm. Click HERE for a complete list of items available in A Dream Come True Gift Shop.